Tuesday, December 3, 2019

What Everyone Needs to Know about Public Relations

Image credit: Incentive Digital Marketing

Public Relations. What is it? How does it affect our daily lives? Why should we care about the industry? Honestly, I can't answer that final question, because you as a person have a right to care about whatever you want. I will tell you the important facts about the industry based on a similar article I found. Like the article states, "very few people can explain what people in public relations really do. Honestly, even being a Mass Communications student, I cannot really explain the daily tasks of a PR professional. PR agencies try to promote their clients, products, and themselves, but unlike advertisers, PR agencies persuade their external or internal audiences via unpair or earned methods through the tradition media, social media, speaking engagements, and through trusted not paid sources. I won't reexplain the article, but in an overview of it, the article gives five things everyone should know about public relations.
  1. What is public relation?
  2. How is public relations different than advertising?
  3. What is news?
  4. Can social media replace traditional media? (The answer is no, by the way)
  5. Can you measure PR?
I suggest reading the article if you struggle to define what a PR professional does, or if you are thinking of becoming a PR professional.


No comments:

Post a Comment