Image Credit: Premierecinemas.net
How many times per week or even per month do you go to the movie theater anymore? For me, I am lucky to one movie about every six months. Is that a budget and time issue? I would say as a soon to be graduating college student that my limited budget and time has a lot to do with it. There is also a side of me that just doesn't enjoy spending money to sit in a nice seat for two and a half to three hours on a nice day and watch a screen. I would much rather use that time to go on a hike, take my dog on a walk, or really just do any sort of physical activity outside. Now this is 100% my opinion and I will admit that I am just not the movie buff that many people are. I may not want to spend the money, but obviously many people are. The movie industry still takes in between ten and a half and eleven billion dollars annually, and yet people think the industry is dying. I have seen more theaters renovate and upgrade their features such as seating and projection than I have seen theaters that have closed up for good. I found an interesting article that has experts in this industry give their opinions on how the industry is doing and most believe that it is doing just fine.

No comments:
Post a Comment